Rock Church Ministry Leadership Growth Track
Overview: Following the successful completion of one-year of supervised service as an active team member at the Rock Church to attend the Ministry Leadership Growth Track. This is a second-year of more intensive training that is designed for Rock Church ministry team members who sense a call towards church leadership. The Ministry Leadership Growth Track takes place on Monday nights and involves further study and instruction on church and ministry leadership training. This ministry is available for those who have a calling to not only do ministry but also to oversee, lead and train others in fulfilling their ministry callings. As such, the instruction prepares leaders to lead and disciple followers and other leaders as they do life and ministry together. This is a tuition-based training ministry and applications will be made available to qualified team members.
If you sense a call by God to make a real difference in individuals and their families as a Rock Church ministry leader, please give prayerful consideration regarding your involvement in the Rock Church Leadership Growth Track.
We have begun accepting applications for 2020-2021 term! Please begin by filling out the application. Leadership Growth Track Application
The application deadline for our 2020-2021 term is August 31, 2020. Please take care in submitting all required documents, listed below, and application by no later than August 31st. Note: There is a tuition discount for those who submit all of the application requirements by July 1st. See under “Application Process” for tuition discount information.
Ministry Purpose: This ministry provides leadership instruction and mentoring to maximize a network of ministry leaders who are empowered to oversee ministries and team members at Rock Church.
Church Goal: Ensure that the Manifestation of Kingdom of God power is revealed, understood, desired and delivered to 3.6 million people in San Diego and 1 billion globally by 2025.
Scope & Sequence of instruction and experience: The Leadership Growth Track is a one-year commitment that takes place over two semester terms on Monday evenings:
Term One: September 14th – December 16th, 2020 (Excluding 10/12 and 11/23)
Term Two: January 25th – May 11th, 2021 (Excluding 2/15 and 4/5)
The curriculum focuses on advanced leadership instruction, leadership mentoring and coaching, practical leadership skill development and personal ministry leadership plan strategies. The Leadership Growth Track is considered to be a practical and educational process for mature believers who sense a call to Rock Church ministry leadership.
Cost: The tuition is $350 for the full training (full tuition is to be paid by September 1st 2020). See under “Application Process” for tuition discount information. Participants may be expected to purchase some additional, required reading and study materials. The design of the training process is to give personal instruction and practical experience in the full range of Biblical church leadership and evangelistic functions. Emphasis will be on Biblical servant-leadership that models the Kingdom of God authority and humility of Jesus Christ.
Leadership Instruction: On a weekly basis the class participants will meet for leadership mentoring and instruction on a wide variety of leadership and ministry topics. As a group, the various study assignments involve readings, discussion, in-class rGroup and dGroup engagement and rich team-relationship building. Instructors include Rock Church pastors, seminary professors and gifted and experienced ministry leaders with expertise in leadership development.
Leadership Training Commitments:
- This ministry involves two – hours of weekly instruction plus weekly study assignments. The applied leadership ministry on Sundays and/or mid-week will be determined by the ministry in which the leader is actively serving. Please make sure applicants are able to make this time commitment.
- Teaching Cluster – Participants will meet once a week for two-hours for leadership training and group study with the Rock Church pastoral leadership (Monday’s 6:30pm-8:30pm at the Rock Pt. Loma campus).
- Leadership Ministry – Participants will be accountable for their leadership ministry role at the Rock Church as part of their personal development plan.
- rGroup/dGroup involvement – Participants will meet with assigned rGroup Leaders throughout the two terms in class for accountability, prayer, and relationship building.
LIFE Class completion is required for the Leadership Growth Track as well as a current Background Check completion.
- Submit a Leadership Growth Track Application.
- Must have completed a minimum of one-year of supervised active ministry service at the Rock Church.
- Acquire a letter of recommendation from a Rock Church ministry leader or Rock Church Pastor that the applicant has served with.
- Submit payment for Leadership Growth Track tuition ($350 made out to Rock Church). Full tuition balance of $350 is to be paid no later than September 1st, 2020. (Please note that fully completed applications and payments made by July 1st, 2020 receive a $50 discount-total tuition therein is $300).
All application elements can be submitted online (except the letter of recommendation). Otherwise, print out the application and email a scanned copy to Gerrilyn Mattox, Pastoral Care Administrator at: [email protected] or mail completed documents to:
Gerrilyn Mattox – Pastoral Care Administrator
2277 Rosecrans St.
San Diego, CA 92106